=|Orbit|= =|Orbit|=

Spacey

Shame on me I still haven't made a single track... D:
I find this enjoyable, it has its ambiance, character, makes me think of a pulsar star because of the beat. Feel free to experiment, just try not to be too minimalist ;)
I want richness and depth of sound, full-shaped surrounding atmospheres. ^^
This though, it's already a good start.

Thanks :)
Full-shaped surrounding atmospheres? Totally. lol

Elementary Again Elementary Again

Groovy

I see some raw potential here. Sounds naive just like primary school years should be, being thoughtless. Like a soundtrack of a relatively happy childhood.
Don't worry about mastering, it's already at a nice point...

Thanks :D

I dunno why I named it Elementary Again, because I'm way past those years. :P

Upgrade! Upgrade!

Hmm :)

A Reason user too, that makes me happy (that I'm not alone *cough*) ^^
I supposed this track serves as a test, or more like a starting line - hopefully - for your career. I can hear an african percussion loop, probably from Rex?
Oh, don't be afraid to spam reverb or other effects... Sometimes it's mandatory to use them.

5kyLight responds:

Yeah, those are a couple kahon loops that come in the Factory soundbank :D

And yes, it is kind of like a "starting line".

Thanks for the review, I'll probably be finished with the Chiptune #5 thing in another day or two :)

-SL-

P.S. you use Reason too? It might make my life way easier with the chiptune remix if you actually sent me the RNS file.. just sayin' :P

Eyes Open (FINAL) Eyes Open (FINAL)

Nice work

You made quite a nice track here. I'm not fond of house music, but I found this pretty enjoyable and refreshing, considering the junk circling around.
Good mixing/mastering, good build-up, minimal instruments, and nice groove.
My little complaint would be the repetitiveness, but I understand that this trait is usually required in such tracks.

Very good job mate, and thanks for your kind reviews ;)

Thank you!

Words for Alexandra Words for Alexandra

Great

I don't usually listen to Pop music, but I was moved by curiosity and ended up reviewing a great song instead. Really emotional and poignant performance, I would even compare your voice to Scott Matthew or Patrick Walker from Warning (UK doom metal).

I'm sorry to hear such a loss, and I'd never try to understand how do you feel now.
Thanks for sharing your feelings with us, and R.I.P. Alexandra

A little Minimal Subtlety A little Minimal Subtlety

Good

Nice little Ambient layer there. Relaxing, a bit ominous and spacey, and it doesn't sound much amateurish.
Zero-bombed to hell though... What a pity. :/

Kirbyfemur responds:

This song was zero-bombed more than normal, but that's okay. I'll get the number back up eventually. Glad you enjoyed :3

|\||_| Inside the Cavern |\||_| Inside the Cavern

Great

This has some great potential for being featured in a retro-styled game.
Usually, 8-bit music is pretty minimalist due to past technical limitations - what we have here is some "surreal" chiptune polyphony, with various influences from contemporary and videogame music.
The snare sound leaves me a bit uncertain, although the rest is pretty dynamic and well-EQ'd.

Numi responds:

=D I'm glad it doesn't totally suck. I'm still getting the hang of writing proper "classic" 8-bit. =/ Hopefully our collab will help me improve!

Into The Eclipse Into The Eclipse

Perfect ambiance

Man, this is The Ambient music... Droning sequences of slow fading pads and an almost static wall of misty soundscapes. 7 minutes aren't enough to describe its beauty. Amazing stuff, isn't it?

Now, my interpretation. XD
Imagine the brief instants of a solar eclipse: everything gets darker and darker, as sunlight fades... Time stops, every living being becomes frozen, like statues of a once prosper world. Then, it is all up to you... you are the mastermind, or rather, the mind-controled puppet. Master your darkness, your eclipsing self... Live, as the sun shines deep into outer space.

Welcome to Drone Ambient territory. =D

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

That sounds like a cool game atmosphere, like a post apocalyptic world frozen in ice all because of a massive eclipse.

Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot Dot

Great. Just great

This is voice acting at its finest. I literally CRIED at "the athore coments al totol lies!" and "beacuase".
Thank you man for this awesome reading! :'D
KKS

planes of the universe planes of the universe

Nice

Huhu, I know those pads! XD
It has a nice structure for being an Ambient track, not droning, but diverse, making it a bit more interesting to hear (although I do LOVE drone ambient). Take your time to learn EQ and dynamics, as I use Reason too, and it's not easy at first glance. Very good, mate ^^ Hope to hear more from you,