Antiskill- Nothing Less Antiskill- Nothing Less

So, it's finally out :3
I'll definitely do my best to remix this track, as it sounds gorgeous and well-layered. I have no complaints about anything, the mastering is great and the whole structure feels alive and vibrant, as if it breathes its own oxygen made of notes and sounds.
Great track. I just made a new one too, haha ^^

YakovlevArt responds:

Oh man- you have such a way with words when it comes to describing a track. It really makes me happy to see how you review my tracks, becasue it's like shining a different light on them =]
I can't wait for the remix either, you'll have to upload one the I will remix in return..

Chase The Machine (loop) Chase The Machine (loop)

Cool loop, bro. XD
It's definitely video game sounding, and it's definitely looping. It could well work in a pixel-looking sidescrolling shooter, very popular here.

RobinDB responds:

Haha thanks. :D Honestly I'm a little surprised it's become so popular in this section.

-A New World- -A New World-

A New World

Pros:
+ Variety - Loads and loads of patterns, instruments and layers make this track really shine, and it's definitely one of the main strengths. From the horn-o-rama bravado around the main theme, to the ethnic build-up after the second minute, not to mention the retro-like pop-driven beat reminiscent of those old TV series from the 80's and early 90's.
+ Mastering - Another spot-on trait that formidably defines this track. The subtle reverb on almost every instrument delivers one of the most organic experiences I've ever witnessed, and the realism of the samples you used is indeed impressive. Every frequency is where it needs to be, just like a gear that contributes to the bigger whole. A symbiosis of sounds, functionally working together as one.

And now the cons:
- Volume - I can't say that most of your flute and brass attacks feel a bit unnecessary, because it's definitely not the case and these instrument helps to give an extra boost to the mix. However, I feel that some parts are a little too loud to allow anyone to truly enjoy this piece. It constantly changes pace, and the quieter parts feel incredibly "empty" after a very dynamic strings-driven bridge. Especially the guitar-bass only part at the beginning or the change after the climax during the middle. I'm not saying the overall volume is unevenly distributed nor some transition sound too abrupt, but I feel it still needs some polish and balance. The diminuendo around 2:43-2:44 feels a bit forced and unnatural, in terms of realism.

In conclusion, it's quite a refreshing experience and I really enjoyed listening to it all the way through, unconsciously looping it for over 25 minutes since I first started writing this. It's got stuck in my head now. XD

Step responds:

Wow, thanks a lot man. I haven't received any reviews in a while so it's nice to get one after so long.

"This is quite a unique track I must say, which leaves me plenty of space to write on."

Uniqueness was something that I tried to achieve, so that's good to hear!

"Pros:
+ Variety - Loads and loads of patterns, instruments and layers make this track really shine, and it's definitely one of the main strengths."

Yeah, this song does have a tonne of patterns. My newest has nearly 130 patterns and it's just 3 minutes long so far :P.

"From the horn-o-rama bravado around the main theme,"

Haha, those horns took me AGES to get right. FINALLY, someone acknowledged them!

"to the ethnic build-up after the second minute,"

That also took a while. You're mentioning a lot of details which I worked hard on. I appreciate it! :3

"not to mention the retro-like pop-driven beat reminiscent of those old TV series from the 80's and early 90's."

Ironically I never saw any of those so I can't really relate, even though everyone's saying this reminds them of anything from the 70's, 80's and 90's :P.

"+ Mastering - Another spot-on trait that formidably defines this track. The subtle reverb on almost every instrument delivers one of the most organic experiences I've ever witnessed, and the realism of the samples you used is indeed impressive."

Wow thanks! A lot of the samples here are free and most of the free ones are soundfonts, so I guess it just goes to show what you can achieve with free stuff!

"Every frequency is where it needs to be, just like a gear that contributes to the bigger whole. A symbiosis of sounds, functionally working together as one."

Heh, I'm glad I nailed it in that department!

"+ Style - Very neat and crisp, and a nice surprise for me, as I'm used to completely different atmospheres. Although the main theme or melody seems to repeat almost relentlessly, the intricate texture of solos and patterns compensate this minor flaw, as it's a 4-minute orchestra-fused-with-retro-pop attack that you'll hardly forget."

Orchestra fused with retro pop. I like the sound of that :3.

Glad you liked the style!

"And now the cons:
- Volume - I can't say that most of your flute and brass attacks feel a bit unnecessary, because it's definitely not the case and these instrument helps to give an extra boost to the mix."

Yeah I probably wouldn't want to be removing those, a lot of people seemed to like them :P.

"However, I feel that some parts are a little too loud to allow anyone to truly enjoy this piece. It constantly changes pace, and the quieter parts feel incredibly "empty" after a very dynamic strings-driven bridge. Especially the guitar-bass only part at the beginning or the change after the climax during the middle. I'm not saying the overall volume is unevenly distributed nor some transition sound too abrupt, but I feel it still needs some polish and balance."

Nobody ever mentioned that before, but damn, now that you mentioned it, I see exactly what you mean. It's true I didn't put in as much work in the less intense parts, especially the guitar part. I spent a lot of my time trying to get the louder parts like the climax at the end to sound right, so I understand why you say the other parts sound empty.

"The diminuendo around 2:43-2:44 feels a bit forced and unnatural, in terms of realism."

There's no diminuendo there. That's a ritenuto :P.

Although yeah if you're talking about the change in tempo, then I'm really surprised you noticed that since it's so subtle. To this day I still don't get why I added that there haha.

"In conclusion, it's quite a refreshing experience and I really enjoyed listening to it all the way through,"

Awesome!

"unconsciously looping it for over 25 minutes since I first started writing this. It's got stuck in my head now. XD"

Sorry :3.

"Well done my friend, hope you make more uplifting, rich tracks like this fine example of adventurous, cinematic music."

Thanks a lot for the great review! You pointed out details which most people didn't even notice. Much appreciated!

Friday Fox - Empathy(Drumstep) Friday Fox - Empathy(Drumstep)

Empathy

A big premise in my reviews is that I don't care about what score I give to you, because I care more about the words I say.
So 10 out of 10. xD

This track is very unique in my opinion, the way you mixed various styles into one major structure. The transitions sound pretty smooth and there's definitely a good flow in your song, from the edgy trembling synths to the wobbling bassline typical of Dubstep, to the raggae-like groove carried throughout the three and a half minutes. I feel however that some parts still need some polish and better EQ, as I can hear overcompression problems dealing with the bass frequencies and indeed the kicks. Although the main theme sounds a bit generic and it's repeated twice, it still sounds refreshing enough for a re-listen. Next time you could add more themes and, possibly, instruments in order for the track to be even more enjoyable.
Take your time and you'll succeed. :D

gavkay21 responds:

Thanks for the review going to take all this into consideration

==(Birdies)== ==(Birdies)==

Dèjà-vu

It seems like I can relate this kind of atmosphere to your previous work, "Solace". I can find the same level of "daydreamingness", like a serene, peaceful walk on summer, surrounded by tall grass and the wind blowing in your face gently. It's a very nice sensation indeed...

==(Solace)== ==(Solace)==

Solace

It does have a retro feel to it, like it's coming straight from the 70's prog and psychedelic rock extravagant acts, only with an updated mixing and mastering. Although it's a very generic-sounding track, it offers a sense of relaxation and mild daydreaming, even though I think more variations and instruments would have given more depth to the song. I like the way it builds up and progresses and it's not quite the same copypasta repeated over and over. I can hear the dedication you put when crafting every sound and note, building an interesting and evocative atmosphere.
Well done,
KKS

Sound from a rainforest Sound from a rainforest

Rainforest

Come circondati da un'aura eterea,
informe, indistinguibile,
ma presente nelle nostre percezioni...
Suoni paragonabili a bisbigli indecifrabili,
le voci di una maschera
vaganti nel buio dell'ignoranza.
KKS

Marcia nel nulla Marcia nel nulla

Interessante collage

Capire che siamo continuamente investiti da suoni, e che la musica e il rumore cessano di avere significato di fronte alla maestosità dell'insieme.

My Mind Began To Wander My Mind Began To Wander

It's impossible to not leave a review

Incredible electronics involved, glitches, neuro-provoking sounds that just permeate my mind in symbiotic ways. This is already a fundamental part of me... I suddenly began to realize what could the meaning be, and my mind began to wonder.
Sheer brilliance,

Lapse responds:

Kkslider is a wonderful name. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

La voce del silenzio La voce del silenzio

Awesome

This could easily work as an intro for a very dark album, possibly Black Metal.
Creepy and nightmare-ish, a bit funny but very well done :D