Audio portal mass collab Audio portal mass collab

Great

Well, this was indeed epic. One thing that I would put is some cymbal or reversed cymbal sound effect between the tracks. That would improve the flow of the song between tracks, and transitions would be a lot smoother. Like between my track and Yodamanjaro's. Also, I'd put the Dubstep tracks together in a row, maybe before the ending.
Anyway, this was a great collab, glad to have been a part of it. Awesome job to everyone ;D
KKS

Void (dubstep) Void (dubstep)

Wobwobwob

That's some dirty ass bass there. XD Feels very "metallic" to me.
I only think that drums are a bit dry, but I don't know if it's because otherwise it would sound too messy with reverb on. It's a minimalist track, IMO... just an arpeggio, typical half-time drums, bass, a few automations and secondary synths. I was expecting a bit more from the whole, but you said it's "demo-ish" so I won't bitch too much about it. xD
It's a good and simple track, I like it.

30 second loop collab 30 second loop collab

Great loop

Very spacey and atmospheric, it's probably the only House style I like, haha. :D
Well done,

Yodamanjaro responds:

Thanks!

King - Radio Dreams King - Radio Dreams

Chillin'

This sounds very atmospheric for being House. :D
I actually like it, especially if paired with some external background texture, like rain or water sounds. It's surely a great experience, and my ears thank you ^^
Very brain-stimulating, love it.

kinghousemusic responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I worked hard on this one.

Psyche - Unknown 1 Psyche - Unknown 1

Simply more than interesting

Definitely worth a trip. Haha, jk bro.
It gets very interesting after the introducing vocal samples, when all the synths come in and the main theme is settled. Brings up a very... robotic-sounding, mechanical, droning atmosphere, it almost reminds me of Sudeki, you know... the Krenn Lab. ;D
This is also a nostalgia journey over the realms of 8-bit and 16-bit videogames, those lost gems buried within our deepest, dearest memories, that forever changed us to the ones we are now. Again, sounds gorgeous enough for me to say it's got once more great potential.
Keep up bro =D

PsycheOasis responds:

Thankyou! ^^

Ironesque Valley Ironesque Valley

Interesting

Needless to say it's spacey, droning, tempo-less and experimental, traits that are typical of what we call now "drone ambient".

The three-minutes intro sounded pretty intriguing and "metallic", in a way that makes you feel heavy in a very subtle and dark way. Something I would expect to find in a Steve Roach, Lustmord or early Tangerine Dream album.

The theme that follows soon after brings more dynamics to the track and definitely worth a listen, with its synthy and crisp electronics. Three-chords arpeggios with a minimalist approach and basic EQ, not surprising but not failing either.

Windy pads take their vengeance in the third and final theme, bringing a feeling of slight emptiness, isolation and desolation. So much images in this one, it really adapts as a soundtrack for an indie abstract film, probably dealing with depression and solitude too, or even post-apocalyptic futuristic scenarios. The background sound effects really bring life to this theme, and it's refreshing to hear something different from the bottom-heavy sounds used in this.

It's indeed a nicely structured dark journey to the realms of deep psychology, and the fact that you personally went through that makes the whole piece a little more "genuine". Many would look at this and say it's either "spam" or non-music. It's Ambient, people. Background music at its finest. This perfectly fits into the wide commercially labelled "Ambient" category, as it's a deep collage of sounds, delicately manipulated to bring vivid abstract imagery into your minds.

In conclusion, I wouldn't call this a "masterpiece" (hence the droning and monotonous nature), but it's indeed an excellent Ambient track full of layers and atmospheres, and as you even said, worth for a walk in a serene place away from frantic everyday routine.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Wow, now that's a detailed review! Even though we call this sort of sound, "drone ambient", it is a rare genre that is simply not heard in todays culture, and therefore is known as "experimental". Comparing this to the famous ambient producer, Steve Roach, makes me feel warm in the heart. I only just recently discovered him when SineRider compared my track, "Breathe With Me" with Steve Roach's style. I checked him out and instantly fell in love.

Some might suggest my inspiration comes from various ambient drone producers, but in reality my inspiration comes from what i see in the world around me. Simply put, my music comes from my perspective. I think that music should replicate what's deep inside our minds, spontaneously erupting our emotions in a waterfall of noises knows as a "vivid soundscape". I love crafting together my emotions, writing them down in electronic form and converting them into music.

The windy pads you described are actually sound effects I recorded with my MacBook Pro. What better way to describe my surroundings then by recording them. I use various sounds that I hear every day to compose some of my music, in order to accurately describe my feelings during certain times.

And you are certainly right about this being "genuine", as I took everything in this track to heart. Thanks again for your lovely review and im glad you enjoyed it! :)

pettig park [album] pettig park [album]

Wow

Three words to describe this album: Experimental, Diverse, Urban.

- It's experimental, and you can all notice this. It's a blend of 8bit music, modern breakbeat, Ambient and unconventional patterns, all mixed together to form a greater soundscape. Its raw atmospheres and vinyl-like quality make the whole effort a bit unique and musically refreshing.

- It's diverse, though it all flows unexpectedly well. Surreal also, especially in the middle, where the climax brought before "Ten Months Later They All Died" opens a new doorway to different soundscapes. This can be incredibly adapted to an indie movie, experimental as well, with the surreal atmospheres you've created.

- It's what I'd like to call "urban ambiance"... Being in a big city, watching life running its course, and then we have night... a peaceful repose, where a bit of dissonance attempts to hide the horrors of everyday life, unveiling the serenity of night. I enjoyed every bit of the whole track. You already have a solid style and it's pretty neat too. If there's any advice I can give, is to improve the main melodies and keep the tracks even more varied. Most of the tracks are one or two minutes long and it can be useful to change themes or put variations, to give a "refreshing" feeling to the listeners. Then it's all about how much do you care about atmospheres, how deep do they sound, what story each instrument has to tell.

Keep up the awesomeness ;D

sontukmusic responds:

oh wow thanks

ECHO - A Little Push [MD ECHO - A Little Push [MD

I can't compete with this...

That's it, I'm quitting.
...
Naaw. xD Did you expect me to review this masterpiece? This is stellar, cinematic production, absolutely not subpar if compared to the real soundtrack music. Maybe you can hear some parts that might sound a bit forced, maybe you can't afford a whole orchestra to perform for you, but this is just impressive and I'm speechless. There's so much to learn for me (and instruments to download, haha =P), it's all so dynamic, vibrant...
Excellent.

Echo responds:

Haha. Don't quit cos of me, it would make me feel all guilty inside :P

Thanks for the review ;)

Long Story Told Short Long Story Told Short

Pretty unique

The percussive nature of this piece makes the whole track pretty dynamic, almost baroque-sounding. I can imagine myself recalling a story from the Neoclassical age. It's a varied piece, with themes and variation, though they revolve around quite the same chords over and over, this has lots of potential in my opinion. Although nothing "classic"-labelled is terribly original anymore, this manages to have its own character.
Keep it up ;)

ErlendHL responds:

Syche - Lost In Time 1 Syche - Lost In Time 1

Joyful tears

I'm speechless. I'm very very glad you're back making awesome music just like the old times! :D
Just awesome.

Insanctuary responds:

Indeed. I just keep coming back and creating something as masterful as this piece. I am scared to see how epic #2 will sound. So stay tuned my delightful friend.