Dark Duel 3 Dark Duel 3

Awesome

Heya buddy ^^ It's been a while.
I love such battle music. It's intense and gives you adrenaline. It could be our big bad boss's third and final most badass form, what do you think? Haha.
All those pitch automations in the lead synth are a very nice touch, and overall it's really a great track. Feels awesome.
Catch you later :D

Dark Duel 2 Dark Duel 2

Carnival showdown

Sounds like an epic boss fight with an evil serial killer clown at a carnival night, inside a huge circus. :O
Gotta love the synthy action-packed atmosphere, kudos for that. All those little echoes and fat sounds make this whole track dynamic and professionally mixed/mastered. I really don't see any downsides in this... maybe the lack of drums? But I think it's already good as it is now.
Great job,

-Review Request Club-

Pulsar Star Club (RDB/KKS) Pulsar Star Club (RDB/KKS)

Woot

Hope you enjoy this, folks. :D
Being pretty experimental for both of us, we tried to conciliate the two styles together at best of our possibilities. It was fun and it did take quite a good while.

RobinDB responds:

It did take a little while, but we both had business to attend to. lol. I hope they like it too. :P

4'33 Remix: Jupiter's Children 4'33 Remix: Jupiter's Children

Hmm.

That's an interesting sound design track. It's not really about music anymore, rather, finding a good texture and drone it all the way till the supposed end. Now, it's quite ok if this is your first ambient piece. Let's face the hard reality first, so that I can explain the 10.

- This is not original/unique, as tons of drone and experimental pieces were made a few decades ago, pushing the term "music" to its outer boundaries. In the '80s, ambient music like this was almost a fashion in the underground. Some managed to introduce new elements, some just copy-n-paste'd their same 2-seconds loop over and over for half an hour, and even managed to sell a nice amount of albums.

- This is extremely repetitive. Something that Steve Reich or Steve Roach would appreciate. A quiet wall of sound seldom "colored" by sudden and brief pad chords, those same chords repeated during the whole track. Good for space-themed soundtracks, just not worthy enough as an individual track.

Now, even if this is something I would make in 5 minutes, it still has its character, and manages to be incredibly immersive and "deep". In my opinion, you fully succeeded in your goal, but next time try adding a bit more elements and textures to this piece, as I like to think of it as an intro to a greater, more complex track, and overall, I think it's a nice tribute to Cage. :D

Psil0 responds:

I can definitely understand your reasoning. It's not entirely the most unique thing ever done (except for some very small minor, secret details). But yeah, in a sense all I really wanted to accomplish is something of a recorded/tribute version of Mr. Cage's 4'33. And yeah, it did only take me about 2 hours to completely finish this, so it wasn't that hard to pull off.

Also, thanks for the review!

Rebirth (Film Score) RD20 Rebirth (Film Score) RD20

Reason *-*

So many familiar sounds this almost makes me cry from over-nostalgia.
Yes, it has very good ambiance and atmosphere, it could well be featured in a space or cyberpunk movie. You know, the birth of a new era of exploration and greatness.

My tip at this point would be, play around with presets. :) It's an awesome track but I think it could still be improved. Playing around with knobs, different sets, changing waves, adding some other effects (reverb, delay, distortion). Actually, heavy reverb would give this track an even more spacial atmosphere. This could be a very versatile track, if you use it as an intro for something.

Oh well, I'll stop my imagination now and give you a fat 10 out of 10. ^^

MrMusicalLion responds:

Yep it could most definitely be improved, but I would prefer to revisit this piece when I have vastly improved my skill sets ^_^ So for now this is V.1 ... hopefully in a few months/years I'll come back to it and make it that much better :)

I think I could add heavy reverb to the electronic sounds, but the Strings would become very 'flooded' if I were to reverb them, I think. Perhaps the lower strings could have some reverb added on, I'll see how it sounds :)

Thanks for the tips/advice [reminders even! I used to do a lot more in Reason but I've become somewhat lazy xD ] and I will definitely bear it all in mind for future works of mine ^_^

Thanks for the 10! :D
-MrMusicalLion.

Antiskill- Typical Number Antiskill- Typical Number

Awesome

Man, DnB is hard. Every time I step in, I struggle to find a decent snare sound and making an overall decent break, failing at 70%. xD
Still pretty new to me. Anyway, this track is great... awesome mixing, professional effects and from a technical view point I'd dare to say flawless.
Great stuff bro,

YakovlevArt responds:

HAhahaha, yeah im not the best, that's why this track is not so serious or consistent.
But thanks for liking the sounds, i had a fun time making this track!

Antiskill- Caribbean Sand Antiskill- Caribbean Sand

A nice piece

I thank you for this chilling track, I'd say I needed to relax a bit with Trance. I'm no expert of this style, but it's a very good beat. It still sounds pretty minimalist at some points where it seems you struggle to give the track some variance. A second variation on the theme was a nice move to "refresh" things up, but I'd still suggest to work more on different patterns and mini-themes. It ain't "flat", but it ain't stellar either, IMO. You still deserve a 10, though, for not having fallen into generic one-chord soundscapes and attempted to give this track a proper deep atmosphere. :D

YakovlevArt responds:

Yeah, i don't even know how to respond to that one.
But i understand what you mean. I will try to fix these problems in future tracks.
Thanks for the review man =]

Aphotic Oasis - Melting Shadow Aphotic Oasis - Melting Shadow

A new dawn

Lovely and dynamic, that's how I would describe this song, from a technical point of view. The minimalist intro, to the climatic build-up, to the gran finale... and then again looping endlessly, almost flawlessly.

But it's not one of my favorite tracks just because of its "surface". The depth and richness of its soundscape, the multiple sounds and layers, each with its own characteristic is what makes this whole piece dramatic and special. Cinematic, I'd say. I applaude you for being able to make a Lord Track after tiny multiple dead-alley experiments, this is the doorway to a new journey of atmospheres and enigmatic soundscapes.

Well done,

AphoticOasis responds:

I agree with every point you have mentioned. Thankyou for your thoughts.
It definately will be a new beginning for me thats for sure.

Power March Power March

Nice ^^

Ok I'd say it's much better than your previous track. There's more variance, and overall more dynamics. I think this could be well remixed into a Dubstep or Hardcore/Industrial piece, since -at least for me- sounds very versatile. It's also a fine loop, which makes it a valuable source for those who seek usable tracks to put in their projects (whether it's a movie or a videogame).

Keep up in this direction, experiment with different sounds each time and if that don't work, don't panic! Make different tests until you find the right combination. Sometimes luck plays a big role in composing soundscapes, and it's sort of a "I like this, I dislike that" game. :D

2.70 / 5.00 (+0.82)

~SW~ Shadows in the Gem Forest ~SW~ Shadows in the Gem Forest

Awesome

Needless to say it's a great track. It has that ethnic/tribal vibe that I found to be just great. The piece is also varied, starting from the atmospheric intro to the delightfully developed first theme. And then, after 3:34, the change and the climax brought by the second theme. It's almost Trance-like.

At some points, though, the sound seems a bit too distorted or screeching and I don't know if it's a wanted effect. It could probably represent the "gems" you mention in the title, and their light reflections, I'm not sure about that.

I definitely digg this "Soundscapes" project, and I look forward to more songs from it. :D

SkyeWint responds:

Yeah, I know the distortion bit, I think that might be the resonance I added to the guitar and synth that has the "ringing" quality - comes in every once in a while.

Personally, my favorite part is the intro from the opening to the first section. Second-favorite is the opening at 3:34. Just love how it seems like a second song bursts into the song that's there.

I love soundscapes, and want to make a lot more of them. ^_^ If made right, when you close your eyes you can "see" things with your mind.

One last thing I can say. This was REALLY hard to make with FLS. I think I have something like... 35 patterns, about 30 instruments/sound effects, almost as many automations... Then putting them all together, I had four patterns that were just one note: The bass kick on each 16th note in a measure.

Anyway... Thanks for your review! I do hope to make more songs like this (as soon as I get the requests I have out of the way).