Spirited Steed (Piano Imp Spirited Steed (Piano Imp

Gorgeous

Aah, the sheer beauty of piano. All those notes open rivers of images, vivid pictures of the deepest and most poetic aspects of everyday life. An endless stream of thoughts in the perpetual night, crystallized within our conscious mind, breaking mirrors of deception.

I like to imagine myself as the wind, gently riding on the prairies on a sunny morning, when listening to this track. It blows and it storms until it dies, kissing a flower.

Outstanding work, and frankly I didn't even care about the minor mistakes scattered through the track.

MrMusicalLion responds:

I love the way you describe my music, it is poetry to my ears. Thankyou for listening - I am glad you enjoyed it ^_^

_Zephyr_ _Zephyr_

Great

Feels very light-hearted. Everything seems to work just fine in the mix, as well as in the overall atmosphere. The pads, synths and the indie-like drums make up most of the main soundscape, and I really have nothing else to say about them.

It reminds me a bit of Gran Turismo 4 - the soft smooth jazz tracks with gentle hints of electronica. It brings a serene atmosphere, fully dedicating yourself into passion for something.

Very nice job, loved it

Birdinator99 responds:

Passion was actually one of the words that came to mind when thinking of a title for this piece, it's cool that you interpreted that!

Thanks for your feedback!

M3- The Alchemist's Study M3- The Alchemist's Study

Awesome

This is lovely, and it gets better each second.
It's dynamic and I can really have a vivid image of strange wizardry and Middle Age-like themes, probably even Harry Potter-like ones.
The tune is simple but effective, I'm just getting carried by the awesomeness. XD
Keep up with the great job,

MeteorManMike responds:

Haha, I love Harry Potter and its music. Wasn't an immediate inspiration, but I can see where you might think so. Always glad when someone says my work is awesome. Thanks for the review!

Reconcile [A-C] Reconcile [A-C]

Easy-listening

Almost like Buckethead's Shadows Between the Sky, it's simply great and relaxing, makes you want to fully live your life's best moments again and again.
Thinking positively, being optimist for a brief instance.

The mix is very good overall, and I love the final build-up. I'd say that drums are a bit below the other instruments, like a background layer. If they were more prominent, the track would truly be beyond perfect.

Awesome stuff,

Autumn-Collapse responds:

KKSlider60,

Thanks for your review! We're glad you like it! It took us a while to get a sound like this. The last draft we made pretty much sucked, so I thought about changing out the guitar strings and practicing a bunch more and this is what we came out with!

Yeah, we noticed it too that the drums are kind of pushed to the background. I'm not sure if that's what we intended but it sort of just happened. We'll play around with the balance a little more to see if we can produce that track that is "beyond perfect."

Thanks for your time :)
-Autumn Collapse

Igloo Igloo

Brother! I haven't heard you in ages! Where have you been? :D
----
Gotta love this track, for its shortness, for being concise and straight to the point. It has variance, character and atmosphere, couldn't ask for more.

Tokolos responds:

/ thank you Claudio!!! :)

RD2010 AA - My Rustache RD2010 AA - My Rustache

The true winner

Robot Day 2010 was such a flawed competition. I bet everyone below me think of the exact same thing, precisely about one of your tracks being the winning one. Well, we both know what happened next.

Anyway, speaking in absolute frankness I'm not the kind of guy who whines about personal mistakes and say "Ooh! If I didn't that I would have lived a better life". Fuck this shit. You've always made beautiful soundscapes, regardless of how I scored them and how much "spam" are they. They sound incredibly complex, twisted, chaotic, experimental, to the point even my brain crashed when you first showed me your tracks back in the days. This track makes no exception to the rule. That's I love your older tracks, because they're so unique I can't find such atmospheres anywhere on the internet.

A great collage of sounds, delicately manipulated to intricately build the webs of subconsciousness, lying deep within ourselves -hopefully, waking up our sleeping minds.

Just excellent material, past and future

Chills [WIP] {Dj_Abbic} Chills [WIP] {Dj_Abbic}

Minus one point for being WIP. :P

It's a nice step, and I'll give you props for trying to experiment a different approach to this peculiar style.

I would enhance the atmosphere by adding more effects to the instrument at the beginning, or maybe adding a background pad. Sounds a bit too minimalist, IMO.

Everything else is very well made

DjAbbic responds:

You know, the intro could use a pad couldn't it? I'll try it out. Thanks alot for the compliments :)

Auroras over Mount Revenant Auroras over Mount Revenant

Very nice

Pretty calm tune for being House and that's nice. At least for me.
It has ambiance, atmosphere, something that most House tracks don't have for sure.

Kicks sound a bit weak compared to the overall mix, but hey, I wouldn't dance to this track, rather close my eyes and imagine the vacuum of space.
Synths are a bit repetitive but I guess that was on purpose. Try putting a second theme in order to give more variance next time, but again, this track is perfect the way it is now.

Great job mate, looking forward to hear more

RetromanOMG responds:

Because of the kick sample pack Isomatic recently posted on the forums, I've remade the kicks in this song to sound stronger.

As for the ambiance (again with the ambiance), I decided to add it in after the fact, since the song seemed really empty without any background noise.

Thanks for the review.

Sordid Avenue Sordid Avenue

Nice

I love lo-fi music, and this track makes no exception to the rule.
Assuming you're an emerging band, my complain would be the emotionless vocals and some minor mistakes scattered through the song.
To the singer I would suggest singing with more grit, you know, add some spice to your vocal line. As for the rest of you, just practice! Practice makes everything perfect, and this makes a good start indeed.
Good luck with your band,

Sawdust responds:

Haha thanks a lot

NikM - Uptown NikM - Uptown

Minimalist

This piece leaves me a bit confused about the "message" you want to deliver. You kept the atmosphere to the minimum, as well as the variance between the patterns you used. That is a bit of a shame, since I personally expected to hear more depth from this track, and it could be achieved by not just adding more textures to the whole but by spending a little more time on the soundscape.

I also hardly care about genres and names, so I won't complain about why you choose "drum and bass" since it sounds pretty downtempo-ish.

It is quite a nice listen overall, yet it lacks something special.

lxNikMxl responds:

Thank you for the review. The song was meant to be an easy listen, but perhaps I made it too soft? I can also see a lot coming from this song, and since I've been lacking inspiration for a few weeks, maybe a remix is what I need to get me back on my feet. Actually a remix is a pretty good idea... I'm glad you still liked it though.

-NikM