NikM - Alert NikM - Alert

Nice

It's a nice effort and a varied track overall. I like the transitions and it loops perfectly.

At some points, though, I feel that drums are a bit loud, especially cymbals, and they kind of bury the background mix. The bassline at the middle also suffers the same fate, for being a little bit too distorted. I don't know if this is wanted, because if it is, feel free to clarify and discuss about it.

This track has great potential, it surely makes a nice addition to the portal.

-Review Request Club-

lxNikMxl responds:

First off, thanks for the review, I love to hear what everyone thinks. Surprisingly, it never actually hit me that the drums were too loud. I guess hearing the song over and over again filled in the missing sounds... I did want the bassline to be prominent though, but I think I may have made it a little overpowering. I'm going to take this entire review into consideration while making my next song. I'm glad you liked the song overall though. Thank you very much!

- NikM

Chicago Summer Night (WIP) Chicago Summer Night (WIP)

Awesome!!

Minus one point because this deserves to be finished. Period. XD
In my opinion, this is just awesome. I really have lots to learn from this track, plenty of advanced techniques, and glitching stuff here and there...
This is something I'd call "urban dnb", so frantic yet it's still so damn atmospheric I can imagine putting this track anywhere at any moment.

DonCarrera responds:

Sweet, thanks for the review! But may I suggest that you stick Review Request Club at the bottom of your requested reviews from now on? It allows the uploader to know that somebody from that thread actually tried to describe your song in detail and in addition gives you one extra point per stat update in the club for each and every insertion (which is nice as its only three words extra!) - 8^Y.

Taste of Understanding Taste of Understanding

Best 26 seconds on Newgrounds

Fave'd and 5'd instantly and you know why. XD
Those are like- the deepest and most intense 26 seconds I've ever heard in my life. It's such a simple loop, but it's essence (to use one of your many catchphrases) is pure and innocent, like a newborn baby. Again, words will just - with much probability - ruin the atmosphere of the track, unless someone else manages to write a more proper review. I chose to describe my sincere feelings rather than throwing meaningless artifacts, I hope you'll understand this decision. ;D

Insanctuary responds:

It's quite pseudo-angelic, isn't it ? It's very light hearted, and beautiful . I also favor this song . I never really believed in length . I believe in quality, and the ability to make that quality as intricate as possible, to where even if it has no ending, and is short . It holds so much power, just like a baby growing into an adult! :D Thankyou for the review, and I treasure every word . ^^

Taste of Waiting Taste of Waiting

Inspiring piece

Your tracks have always been special in a very unique way that only you could give. This really makes no exception and we already talked about it... It reminds me of being patient and strong-headed even against the odds - it's one of those pieces that actually teach you something, an important lesson in life.
Simply great, and words are merely superfluous.

Insanctuary responds:

I agree . The dissonance in the beginning, the violin building up, then the amazing percussion representing anticipation . Until it is time, to run through that darkness that has deluded your senses for far too long . It's time to pursue what you await, rather than wait for it to pursue you . I enjoy all your reviews, and I will always have your back brother . Appreciate the review . Thankyou .

Rock-Rolled Rock-Rolled

Neat

Pretty "soft" for being Industrial, but it does give me that robotic, cyberpunk feel of machinery being turned on forever. Very nice atmosphere and catchy soundscape, I'm totally digging this. ;D
KKS

The Betrayal (RDB) The Betrayal (RDB)

Mictastic

Great, this was absolutely nice. I like the atmosphere you've managed to pull on, it's very soothing and melodic. A melody that stays in sharp contrast with the industrial-esque percussions, a contrast that gives character to the piece. Very few people manages to get it right, I tell ya.

RobinDB responds:

Haha, thanks again KKS. When I first started writing this song I actually had no idea where I was taking it, or where it was taking me. haha. When I thought of using the recording from one of Frank's songs, I was able to figure it out. Thanks again for the review. :D

Retaliation (RDB) Retaliation (RDB)

Nice work

I'm not into this kind of music, but I like your way of "dubstepping", probably because I've grown a bit tired of nonsensical distorted wah-wah in-your-face fucktarded Dubstep.
This sounds refreshing, it's minimal, it's got character, I ask nothing else from it.
Well done,

RobinDB responds:

Hey, thanks for the review! And ya, I try to avoid the fucktard dub sound. xD I'm glad I could appeal to your taste outside of your genre area. Thanks again.

letme.s p e a ky o u rm i n d. letme.s p e a ky o u rm i n d.

Well done

I'm not one who just spams 10's (but I am, LOL) without leaving a proper review about tracks. This is great, to me it sounds like our busy, noisy minds... always elaborating something, a clash of information and anti-information, travelling between neurotic systems and whole living electric-charged kingdoms.
So vivid, yet so simple in its essence, it's just like it should be.

As Real As It Gets As Real As It Gets

Dope

Whooooooaaaah... I see dragons... and grass... green grass... betting burned by the dragon... and the dragon sniffed all the smoke... and died... poor him... but the grass was great...

8-bit City 8-bit City

Nice but...

This is great, good mixing and all, but it's just bloody repetitive.
I think it could have been much better if you at least added one diverse pattern, this just gets stuck in your head in an unrepairable way.
In the end it has some good potential to be featured somewhere around here, like an 8-bit retro game indeed.

doppler73 responds:

Thanks for the improvement.