Valiant Valiant

Very nice composition :) One of those "life soundtracks"... a piece that will forever accompany your journey - may it dreamy, or "real". A shard of a conflicting reality, war-torn dimensions, and this is only the beginning.
Looking forward to hearing more from you :3

SimPhony responds:

Thank you very much for your awesome comment! Very insightful and thought-provoking. I also would like to thank you for taking the time to listen to my work! I am very grateful for that!
I have several other tracks I hope to upload soon so keep an ear out!=)

Shifting Color Shifting Color

I like the concept behind it. An experiment with ethereal vocals behind a subtle melody and classic downtempo drumming. The ensemble manages to be very immersive, and I can clearly hear the effort and time you spent on it. The vastness of the soundscape you've just crafted is a portal through which my imagination can freely spread its wings and create vivid imagery in my head, as if I had just been transported in a whole new fantastic world, surreal but familiar. I don't know if you know the game "Botanicula", I've played it recently and it was a very unique experience - its sound design was clever and the vocals of this track are similar to some parts of the game.
I'm glad for your top 8 spot down below, keep making tunes like this ;)
KKS

In memory of dogs In memory of dogs

Not only dogs...
So sad. We're such a failed race.

==(Fractal Fluid)== ==(Fractal Fluid)==

Wow. It's probably the first NG track that reminds me of Solar Fields and Carbon Based Lifeforms. The downtempo, psytrance laden sound mixed with balanced electronics and sound effects make this track a looping eargasm. There are so many images evoked from this track, all vivid, lucid dream-like, and it's all thanks to the level of immersion and depth this masterpiece has managed to brought to life. A whole new imaginative world, with its echoing calls from a distance and the myriads of sounds surrounding your ecstatic ears - dynamic and beautiful, a triumph of light and darkness prevailing each other in that grand ensemble called "life".
Excellent,

Buoy responds:

I love this review because 1. it's hilariously flattering and 2. I would say exactly the same thing about the song that inspired this one (Journeyman by Amon Tobin) so I kinda feel like I've succeeded a bit :D Thank you so much <3

Enigmatic Beast - Endless Enigmatic Beast - Endless

Very interesting composition. :3
It's a bit surprising for me that you almost hit the 5 minutes mark, and you still managed to let it sound fresh with incredible depth and atmosphere. It's like an abstract ocean of darkness, the oscillating nature of the waves and the gentle breeze caressing the black waters. Old and new together, harmoniously in an almost incomprehensible manner that clearly goes beyond words.
Decoding the very essence of sound.

Insanctuary responds:

Indeed. I love how you are able to read my music so well. Old and new is exactly what I was emitting through my fingers as I placed each individual note to aggregate this lovely abstract puzzle. I wanted to reflect off of life, determination, darkness, isolation, and that light that shines through the darkness of an endless tunnel.

Thank you for listening, Claudio Audio. :D

Far Too Close {RzBrWIP} Far Too Close {RzBrWIP}

Some parts sound a bit too empty at this stage of development. Only drums sections will never achieve the same depth as with an ensemble, being it electronic or symphonic. For the lyrics I can't complain, but what about "Watch me flying close to the sun, yeah"? It's shorter and flows better. ;)
Overall, I like the idea and there's plenty of room for improvement. More layers, more stuff, and even 20 minutes of this would still sound awesome.

RobinDB responds:

Thanks for reviewing. I know that second bit of the lyrics had to be kind of crammed in there, but the wording was what I wanted. It's not just close to the sun, it's too close, more meaning and whatnot. It's sort of saying like, trying too hard for your own good, ya know what I mean? Anyway, I think over time I'll figure out more parts I can work into the song, sometimes I get too set on just two or three pieces and lose space for other parts, haha. Hopefully I can finish it soon.

Halindir - Rosette Halindir - Rosette

First of all, congrats on your Best of the Week! :D
It's an interesting composition, somewhat varied, deep and expressive. Sound-wise, it's like a mix of different influences ranging from space rock to folk, and they all blend pretty well. Personally, I would only raise up the drums a bit, making them clearer (EQ) and add a bit more layers to the main pads, maybe some rhythmic/sequenced synths. Otherwise, don't bother editing it as it sounds great even without my suggestions, coming straight from my imagination. :3
Very well done and welcome to the Ambient territory

Halindir responds:

Thank you KKSliderman!
I agree with the drums, I should not have been so eager with the reverb. I've never really liked working with rhythmic/sequenced synths, but I'm sure it could've added some extra texture to the piece. But as you say, it stands well enough on its feet as it is.

Thanks again :)

Frigid Darkness (X) _ (X) Frigid Darkness (X) _ (X)

A mix of old and new... couldn't sound any better. :3
I initially thought my vocals could have been much better, but I'm actually liking this to the point I think it sounds soundtrack-like. Good job on nailing that, bro ^^

Insanctuary responds:

Thankyou. You did a swell job, my friend. Haha.

Journey Inside My Armpit Journey Inside My Armpit

Lol! I didn't know this track! Was this during our spammy little contest we had some time ago?
Mmmmh.... Can't remember.

Yes. Lol.

Yes It Does [Razzberry] Yes It Does [Razzberry]

It has a nice flow and the possible mistakes I hear are pretty subtle and of very little relevance to me. Speaking of which, the drum fill every 16 bars (I believe) feels too distorted and the subsequent crash is buried within the mix, totally killing the trebles. You should try sidechaining it ;)
Other than that, it doesn't feel too repetitive, nor too obsessive. It's actually pretty chill for being a House track, and it's definitely an ear candy. ^^

RobinDB responds:

Haha thanks. The problem with the drum fill is that I can't find a VST with good tom drums. The drum VST I usually use has toms that sound a lot like the kick drum. lol. I could give sidechaining a go though. Glad you liked it. :D