Wonderfullaby Wonderfullaby

Naivety is what I think of when listening to this piece, swiftly making its way to Yume Nikki-like atmospheres and melodies reminiscent of classical music, possibly baroque in style. Naivety... with a hint of mischievous curiosity, typical of those knowledge-thirst children that want absolutely the answers to their questions at all costs. Hm...

I don't particular complaints for this track. Its simplicity sets quite the mood you were looking for, I'm sure, and I think you've just achieved that goal. The few elements that enrich the lead synths including the drums fit nicely and are not intrusive. I think it's a pretty track, not ambitious, not pretentious, simply a fragment - for what it is, it's wonderful.

Silver Helix War Silver Helix War

Hmm. I have various thoughts regarding this track, ranging from the lush, vivid visuals I have in my mind right now to the more technical aspects. Let me split into parts for you.

The intro is delicately crafted and goes well with the feelings of inner turmoil, struggle and motion. It is crafted in a way that no sounds prevail to each other, and the incoming subtle distortion adds more dynamics to the ensemble, while the mix still remains relatively quiet. I don't spot any cons here, since it sets the mood fairly well for the rest of the track. I'd also like to point out the layered percussion, very delicate contouring the sonic environment.

The second part after the first minute mark sets a new mood. The fast delayed arpeggios are my most favorite bit here, along with the introduction of a steady heartbeat-like kick line, creating a tense, dark and dense atmosphere. The distortion makes its return in a glorious fashion, although the lack of sidechaining is evident, as the kick overcompresses the mix creating an unpleasant "pulse" that will last until the finale. It's that kind of imperfection that doesn't seem to be unforgiving, but depending on who you talk to, either contributes or ruins the sonic experience. I think it's a tolerable option since overall, the piece in itself runs smoothly and the lack of prominent transitions doesn't seem to distract the listener from appreciating the dark, enveloping beauty of this shard of familiar reality.

From the third minute and onward, little ear candies pop up here and there adding a bit of variety to the ensemble, including the recurrent piano (I think it's piano or otherwise electronic sounds) notes and an important protagonist: the choir. Now here is where things start to get opinion-shattering. Personally, while it tries to set and confirm the overall mood of the segment it's featured into, it doesn't contribute in making it more interesting and it stays low buried in the distorted and overcompressed soundscape. I would have liked a different climax, where the choir - more twisted and dark - shines alone over very few percussive elements in the background layers of the song, setting an ominous and dreary feeling, perhaps even loneliness and desolating despair. In its current state, the choir is there, it's present... just not enough to set its own character.

Overall, it's the best "you" I've ever listened to in weeks. You're in great shape and there's always much to paint in the vast canvas you're seeking to fill with colorful thoughts and emotive patterns. I enjoyed the semi-Industrial surrealism, the research for another kind of experience, the experimental mindset.

Keep going

EnigmaticWolf responds:

Good. We agree on the introduction. I accept mixed verdicts, but I also enjoy it when one person sees a negative and the other sees a positive. It creates a balance between opinions where people don't feel inclined to choose only one side. Nowadays people are heavily influenced by other's opinions.

I personally enjoy that pulse and massive distortion. I wanted something that turned distortion into something that would surge into your head and fire up every dark corner of your imaginative realm. That's what I achieved, I think. I never did enjoy perfectly clear sound pieces. I always listen to music that is slightly dreamy/distorted. Besides I know a lot of professional songs that have way too much skipping and chopping, but people still seem to hang on.

I slightly agree. I do agree that there may be a potential error there, but it's not the distortion, really. It's the choir. This is the closing. The entire song is a parabolic chamber of madness. This means I went for a positive - climax - negative sequence. I imagined someone running from darkness, but since they can't run any faster, I wanted an intelligent, but very dark atmosphere for 3:00 on. I just wanted something very simple, atmospheric, dark and dainty. I didn't want, yet, another climax. It wasn't what I imagined, and I compose to my imagination. The piano was giving a false sense of safety. Then near the end the ''devouring'' part comes in, which is well pieced together by my choir use. Later accompanied by the constant pulses, roaring and darker drumline. When this part comes in, I can't help but feel like I'm in the depths of a heated battle between dark and light. It's an amazing piece through and through.

I am proud of this song. Certainly. Thank you for your long review! I enjoyed it. I will be brewing some more madness later. Stay tuned, brother.

Cheers.

Beautiful Isolation Beautiful Isolation

There's so many ways I'd like to express my gratitude towards you for making this wonderful shard of simply another world. I don't even want to know how did you make this, for you wouldn't know the answer; it's something that has reached his own level of maturity... it's breathing a life of its own already. My mind is wandering in another plane of existence, while the rational part of me struggles to find logic among all this chaos when it is not even required... It's sensorial symbiosis, a symphony of feelings intertwined in a complex network of functions, immersed in a vast sonic world beyond our reach. When you reach this level of abstraction, you've done your job. So I bow to thee, and take a step back to what I've done so far, contemplating for the present being.

Some people won't understand, some people will still be too attached to humanity's labyrinthine and fragile systems, replacing feeling with technique. So here is my technical review: awesome mastering, awesome structure, awesome transitions, awesome depth, awesome samples.

Well done.

Kingbastard responds:

Thanks for the comment, much apprciated;)

Liberators Liberators

It's not bad, but I'd suggest to humanize your strings better as it sounds too mechanic and MIDI. I realize it's a matter of samples at 90%, but playing around with volume and pitch can do the trick sometimes. I would also balance things a little better, speaking of basses overwhelming the mix and compressing everything. I know how FL works unfortunately (if you're using that), and I know it's a bitch. Otherwise it's a pretty nice track, I like the idea, and in fact I'm going to cover it soon. :P

Agitat0r responds:

I was lazy at the time of mixing this song. I could've done what you said... but I guess I was lazy...

Naught - Shadow Network Naught - Shadow Network

This has got to be one of my favorite tracks from your genial mind. I can imagine plenty of scenes, possibilities, whole words by just listening to this ordinate chaos. I love the mastering in this one, it keeps a vibrant and dynamic atmosphere, every single sound is under its own spotlight and it fully deserves to be there. The piece flows quite well in its simplicity and it manages to be immersive enough to get an abstract, oneiric experience.

I can spot a few cons, but I'm just being nitpicky here speaking of transitions: the way some sounds are introduced for the first time might sound a bit jarring, due to the fact that the background ambiance is pretty mellow and the variation is suddenly brought in the mix without much "pre-warning". Also, it doesn't quite loop well like some of your older tracks and it starts anew rather abruptly. I know you work on FL so try the "Wrap remainder" option while exporting to see if anything changes for the good (add a booming effect at the beginning if it clips).

Anyway, brother... welcome back. :3

Insanctuary responds:

Thank you man. I learn from the better. *cough*

Sexy Rave Party - Demo Sexy Rave Party - Demo

WOOOO PARTEEEEEEEEEEH BOOOM BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BUKKAKE BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA BOOMWA

No seriously, awesome spam \m/

Aggregator Assault - 1 Aggregator Assault - 1

I think it's a very good starting point for a dark downtempo song. I can see it fitting in a slum-like area or neonoir setting. You could possibly expand it by adding a hip hop-like beat and then adding more dark pads and growls, perhaps with more industrial sounds and screams in the background. *w*

Insanctuary responds:

Mhmm... Brainstorming, lol.

Idle Motion - Loop 4 Idle Motion - Loop 4

I think this track has great potential to become a wonderful shard of reality, a hidden gem among wastelands of opaque mirrors. There's so much in here that I'm literally lost in this atmosphere, starting from unobstrusive percussions, the little breaths you hear once in a while, the bells and echoed crystalline sounds panning from one place to another... I would personally give just a bit of reverb to the drums in order to give a sense of being suspended in a vast cosmic realm, the snare sound really needs to shine on, while the rest is just perfect. :)
Well done, brother

EnigmaticWolf responds:

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

Thank you very much for your detailed review and for listening to my works.

October 24 Hour Jam October 24 Hour Jam

Nice mix :D It was more varied than I imagined, and definitely worth a listen. I liked the transitions and the little breaks between the tracks, it was great and with so many different styles - from my action movie-like track, to Casey and Yoshiii's dubsteppy beats, to Aether's dance-influenced groove.

Buubdurub - Age of Robots Buubdurub - Age of Robots

Feeling like dancing, hm hm. XD This is like the Teletubbies of the future! And if they sound like this, I will totally watch them just to hear this awesome shard of uplifting, optimistic reality! :)